Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How to end Work Day at Home

There was a time I pray that God can enlighten me on how to live as a work-from-home person, especially how to end my work day since I am already at home?

He did! The answer came 2 months ago... happened to read few articles online that I can pick up some point to adjust myself. Here are my notes to share:
  • List out the work and housework that I need to do 1 day in advance. So that I won't spend too much time on certain things.

  • End work at least 30 minutes before hubby arrives home. This also gives me a few moments to reflect my day, distress, and gradually ease out of work mode.

  • Make sure that by the time hubby arrives home, I am not dressed in my pajamas.

  • When work day is done, do not give in to the temptations of checking emails, etc.

  • Spend some time alone with hubby every single day, even if it's just a few
    minutes after the kids are in bed. Spend some time talking, snuggling on
    the couch, or even eating a late-night snack together.

  • Try to get out of the house when there is opportunity. Go for a drive, walk around the neighborhood, or just sit outside of the house.

  • Do something special for your the kids or hubby everyday. This can be as
    elaborate as planning a fancy candlelight dinner, or as simple as replacing
    all of the pencils with freshly sharpened ones.

  • Use physical gestures regularly, like hugs, kisses, back rubs.

Hope you find it useful as well :D

'Finish your outdoor work and get your fields ready; after that, build your house.' ~ Proverbs 24:27

No comments:

Post a Comment