Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2006

Pass the Exam

Hooray! I have passed my Health paper. 160 people sit for the paper and only 38 passed... so I am doing quite well eh! *wink*

While doing the scuba diving course last year and this health course last week, I learned something else that are not inside the course… by observing different people while going through the process of attending classes, studying and sitting for the exam.

I realized people who scored or do very well in their exam are people who hold good self-value in themselves – always do their best, do the right thing, and hold their standard.

Yes, these people do not depend on circumstances. No matter what kind of environment, exam will be treated like exam, so to find out what we have learned, and the test can indicate our knowledge. Attitude always the same, regardless if the teacher/examiner is leaner, or the exam place is informal, or student around tend to copy each other’s note, discuss answers etc.

At the scuba dive exam, I saw Dr.Chin who sits in front of me doing his own exam questions even people around him started comparing answers. He is the one who score 100 that day in the exam. From that day onwards, I have decided to pick up that value and applied it on myself.

Then, I realized people who passed are always people who have a correct attitude – people who want to achieve something out of the exam. Be it knowledge, a position, or even purely recognition. We should not have the "Que sera, sera; Whatever will be, will be" attitude. This is what I have learned after this whole course.

This time, I apply the good self-value for my study and exam, no matter how little time I have, I just did my best. Besides, correct attitude really helps. I wanted to learn the knowledge and apply it; and I know after this, it will be very beneficial to me and people around me. It was different compare to when I was in school. My motivation in school I guess was 'not to disappoint my parents as a student/child'. It was not really a correct attitude... although good in the sense that I have at least that thinking to pass, I was not learning much of the actual knowledge from the subjects.. a lot of plain memorizing and “dead reading”.

A correct attitude and a good self-value are the core, and the best way to go through any exam. The rest is just studying… *wink*


'Judgment will again be founded on righteousness, and all the upright in heart will follow it.' ~ Psalm 94:15