Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

How to Live Healthier and Longer?

Many things people tell me on how to be healthy.
The common ones are:
  • eat less red meat,
  • drink less coffee,
  • eat less eggs,
  • eat less oil,
  • don't drink alcohol,
  • don't smoke...
The specific ones are:
  • eat no salt,
  • eat no sugar,
  • eat no fast food,
  • eat no junk food,
  • eat no MSG...
  • eat only organic food,
  • eat no GMO food,
  • eat no antibiotic food...

All of the above suggestion are great, but the main thing is how to apply it? If I work in the city and do not cook myself, I don't think I can find any food around that can comply to all the above. I believe I would died of starvation or stress!
So my healthy philosophy? If I am not cooking, my eating philosophy is to EAT MORE GOD-CREATED FOOD.
  1. I will choose fresh make noodle soup instead of instant cup noodles.
  2. I will choose fruit juice (without sugar) instead of gassy drinks.
  3. I will choose grapes or watermelon that have seeds instead of the seedless ones.
  4. I will choose food that can get rotten few days later instead of the one that has an expiry date.

However, sometimes it is not what people eat that contaminate their bodies most; it is the words people said that contaminate people's bodies and souls. People who get blamed, criticised, worries a lot... will get sick and die young regardless of how good the food they eat everyday. Make sure you do not get into that; on the other hand, make sure you are not the one saying hurtful things to others.

You are not defiled by what you eat; you are defiled by what you say and do... Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes out of the body. But evil words come from an evil heart and defile the person who says them. ~ Matthew 15:11, 17-18.

No comments:

Post a Comment